Q: pulley fell off

asked by on February 09, 2017

a pulley fell off our 95 chevy g20 the pulley is to the left of the idle arm and directly beneath the alternator we need to replace the bracket with the pulley but cannot find the bracket and need to know the name of this bracket and possibly where to find it

Idler Pulley Replacement $93.97 - $322.34 Get a Quote

For the 1995 G-20, all of the brackets in the location you describe are listed in GM parts catalogs. Using those catalogs, and your description, I narrowed it down to 5 possible GM part numbers: 10187650, 10179211, 10163742, 10163742, 10028767. One of these part numbers is undoubtedly the part you are seeking. If you want to buy the bracket new from a GM dealer, all you need do is take these 5 part numbers to a GM dealer and they will show you an image of each bracket, and its placement on the engine, and then you can simply order the correct one. If you desire to buy a used bracket, such will be obtainable by searching Car-part.com. Simply use that database to locate a yard near you that has the complete engine and you can negotiate to buy just the bracket. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an idler pulley inspection/repair and the responding certified mechanic will determine what you need and get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.