Q: Air hissing sound - 2002 Kia Spectra

asked by on November 29, 2016

My 2002 kia spectra is making a leaking air sound under front passenger side what could it be?

Hi - air hissing sounds like you describe could have several causes. A leak in the engine intake system, a leaking power brake booster (brake pedal harder to press?), or something rubbing on the engine accessory belt can all cause such noises. I would recommend an (engine noise inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-making-a-noise-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.