Q: When Should I Fill My Washer Fluid?

When should I fill my washer fluid?

The best time to fill your washer fluid is on a regular basis, perhaps once every oil change or service. You should also inspect it when you check your tire pressure or when you stop to fill up. Generally, a fluid check and fill is done at every service by professional shops everywhere and is an integral part of their main service. During harsh weather conditions or in heavy bug summertime areas, you will need to fill the washer fluid more often.

Naturally, if you have a washer fill indicator light illuminated on your dash display, that is a perfect to check it. Keep in mind, however, many fluids that should be checked regularly are often overlooked until it is an emergency; you could be stuck without the use of the system when you need it. Pilots check a plane before each and every flight, yet we too often overlook and omit checking the basic things our daily transportation device needs. To ensure the supply never runs out, no matter the season or driving conditions, always keep the washer fluid bottle topped off, and in bad weather, carry a spare bottle with you.

Filling the system is easy: you just start by opening the hood on your vehicle so you can locate the washer reservoir. Carefully fill the bottle to the correct level and reinstall the lid. Now you are ready for whatever dirt or debris that will end up on your windshield.

3. When Should I Fill My Washer Fluid?