Q: Engine making pinging sound

The engine has been making a pinging, clicking sound when I accelerate. This has been happening for about a year. It's just not running smooth like it used to. I have 90, 000 miles on it and have never had an issues.

A: Hi there. This pinging sound that you are h...

Hi there. This pinging sound that you are hearing is actually coming from your transmission upon acceleration. Acuras are known for encountering this problem around 100,000 miles. If your transmission has not yet been serviced I'd advise you to do so. Have a certified technician take a closer look into diagnosing the problem. From there, they will be able to let you know exactly what repairs are needed.