Q: Stuck in reverse

asked by on September 16, 2016

I was backing out a parking spot and my truck got stuck in reverse, so I turned it off and tried to start it again, but it wouldn't start. Now it's stuck in reverse and won't start again.

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Sounds like you may need to check the shift linkage. It most likely came off at the transmission shift control arm. The plastic bushing for the shift cable falls apart over time, and then the cable will fall of the selector arm in the transmission or in the steering column above the brake pedal. Be sure to check both places. If you are still experiencing issues, consider having one of our certified mechanics come to your home and office to inspect and repair this issue for you.