Q: Car stalls all of a sudden for no reason while driving

My car has been running good then the other day while I was driving down the road the car stalled for no reason. I coasted off the side of road and the engine would crank but not start. After about a half hour it started again I went about 2 blocks and it stalled again and would crank but not start. After about a half hour it started again.' The car has gas in it. It has a battery only about a year old. Battery cables are tight. I only drive the car on weekends it sits during the week. What could be causing the car to suddenly stall out for no apparent reason.

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2003 Ford Taurus. Your fuel pump in the fuel tank is most likely going bad and will seize up when it gets hot. Have the fuel pressure tested to see if you have lost fuel pressure when it stalled, then have the fuel pump and filter replaced. Make sure to check the bottom of the fuel tank for any metal particles and have the tank cleaned out of any debris found that may damage the new pump. If you want the help of a certified mechanic, have a technician from YourMechanic replace your fuel pump or fuel filter at your home or office.

3. Car stalls all of a sudden for no reason while driving