Q: Replacing seat belts on a '95 Toyota Corolla

I have a '95 Toyota Corolla. The back seat belt won't work. What do you recommend? Should I buy an original or can I use a used one? Thanks

Anything that is bolt in there will work. I know for a fact that AutoZone sells universal ones if you don’t mind having a belt that is not exactly like the ones in your car. It is just a lap belt that goes on so you can buy one of those. They cost 20-something bucks.

The dealer ones are usually 200-300 bucks but there are a million Toyotas out there. You can take a trip to a junk yard. They would gladly sell you used seat belts and you can try them to make sure they work. You won’t pay too much for them at a junk yard. That’s what I do for a lot of customers who want to save money. Get a junk yard seat belt - try it and see if it clicks, and if they work then it’s fine.

3. Replacing seat belts on a '95 Toyota Corolla