Q: Car stuck in gear, coasted, and quit - 2015 Fiat 500

My car was stuck in gear, coasting and stopped responding to throttle input while I was moderately accelerating. I tried the manual shift mode, but it failed. Then a few seconds later, my car began to respond to full throttle. Then, the gears rapidly downshifted and I almost lost control of the car, plus it jerked forward. I have had this problem to recur many times and I have been to the dealership but they can not duplicate the problem. Thus, no fix in sight! What is your professional advice as to what caused this?

Hello. For this case, unfortunately the dealer will need to verify the problem so they can fix something. The vehicle has had computer software issues but ones that may not pertain to this car. If you keep a log of every time the vehicle problem happens, you can give the log to the dealer to verify the problem and a possible fix. The throttle limits opening when it detects a problem in the system. Make sure you are not pushing the brake and throttle at the same time. Since your car is still new and likely under warranty, you may want to try taking the car to a different dealer or getting in touch with someone higher up in Fiat in order to have this corrected.

3. Car stuck in gear, coasted, and quit - 2015 Fiat 500