Q: The transmission hot idle engine sensor has come on, what is the problem?

My transmission hot idle engine sensor in my 2013 chevy traverse, what is wrong?

A: That is a warning light to tell you that yo...

That is a warning light to tell you that your transmission is running to hot. This could be due to driving the car very hard or driving in very hot weather. The vehicle is asking you to stop and let the engine idle, which would allow the transmission fluid to cool down. If you were driving aggressively, then I would suggest slowing down or stopping, and letting the transmission cool down. If you were driving normally, then I would suggest contacting a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the vehicle for any problems with the transmission fluid temperature sensor and look for any other faults.