After making a loud noise my car won't start. altima 2001...

Q: After making a loud noise my car won't start.

asked by on December 29, 2015

My car will not start. Before, it was making a loid noise from the engine.

Hello. There are a number of things that can go wrong with your car that can do this. The most common is a timing chain failure. If the timing chain fails it will begin to make a lot of noise, whether it be ticking or knocking, before it fails. Once it does the engine will no longer run. The easiest way to check this is by performing a compression test. I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic that can perform this diagnostic on the starting system.