Q: Engine blown

I want to know If a 04 Infiniti m45 engine is compatible with my fx45. Looking to do a engine swap on a budget. Will the 04 m45 engine work without changing the top half of the motor?

The two engines you refer to are absolutely identical excepting one issue that you will have to confirm: the engine used in the M45 did have a left hand versus right hand option versus starter placement. So, whatever sample you end up viewing and buying just make sure the starter motor is in the position you presently are using in your vehicle, so that you do not have to modify the wiring harness. One of the rebuilders of these engines is Spartan and you can call them at Tel: 866-360-4101 if you want to confirm this information and/or get additional specifications that might interest you. If you need assistance at start up, or have further questions, by all means please feel free to re-contact YourMechanic. Best wishes with your project.

3. Engine blown