Q: The vehicle runs like a champ but it shifts hard from 1st to 2nd gear. Any advice to be appreciated

The thing runs like a top but shifts hard from 1st to 2nd gear.Any advice to be appreciated

Hi there. The 1 - 2 shift accumulator spring has broken and needs replace in the transmission. To do this, drop the transmission oil pan and oil. On the back right side of the transmission on the inside you will see a cap that has 3 bolts. Remove the bolts and the cap. The spring that is inside the cap could be broken. This will need to be checked for it is a common item to fail on the 4L60 (700R4) transmissions. When you are done putting in the spring and putting the cap back on, put the pan back on and new oil. If you have not changed the oil filter to the transmission, I recommend putting a new one on before putting on the oil pan. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your transmission shift issue.

3. The vehicle runs like a champ but it shifts hard from 1st to 2nd gear. Any advice to be appreciated