Q: Reset after battery replacement

After replacing the battery, the dashboard panel, radio, and automatic lock is blacked out.

A: Hi. This is a common problem for the Vues a...

Hi. This is a common problem for the Vues and typically is just a fuse that has gone bad. There is a service bulletin for the 15A Audio fuse in the center console fuse block that other owners have replaced to fix the issue. Even if the fuse looks to be okay, I would still suggest replacing it as they are very cheap. There is also an OnStar fuse in the car that is more difficult to reach, but has been reported to fail and cause similar issues. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to help you replace the fuse and inspect for other failing components.

Recommended services
Get a Quote