Q: Airbag sensor keeps going on and off

I always see the airbag light on the dashborad and doesnt go off for a while. It goes off sometimes after a long time sometimes immediately.

The Air Bag light is there to warn you of a problem with the system. The airbag computer continuously monitors all of the circuits to each airbag and impact sensor. If a circuit is not within the specs, the warning light comes on.

The fault codes are stored in the engine computer. A mechanic will scan the codes, and perform the appropriate test to find the problem. If you would like to have your Air Bag Light diagnosed, consider YourMechanic.