Q: 2004 Ford Explorer unstable at 65-80 mph

At the highway, at 65-80 mph, my 'O4 Ford Explorer gets thrown around like a toy. With only the slightest wind, it's out of control. Any ideas?

First thing you’d want to do is change the shocks and struts on it. When they are worn, and the wind blows, it’s going to go to go all over the place. It’s going to start moving too far to the one side over the other. Now, if you look at it and it doesn’t sit right anymore, that can be worn springs. If the springs are worn, instead of holding it, they just bounce too much, and they’ll go all over the place and whim. So check the springs out, too. Checking the suspension yourself can be difficult. If you need help figuring out how to resolve this problem, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car to diagnose the steering and suspension and see what can be done.

3. 2004 Ford Explorer unstable at 65-80 mph