anti-theft

I have a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 base model and once and a blue moon the anti-theft light will come on and the truck will not start and the keys do not have chips.

Hi Dennis. Thanks for contacting us today. In most cases, when an inconsistent security code issue like this pops up, it’s due to a fault with the anti-theft software in the ECU. Typically a GM dealership can scan the ECU and remove the fault codes. However, a problem like you’ve described can also be caused by an electrical short - which can be very tricky to find. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection, to see if they can isolate the source of this problem. A phone call to your local GM dealership service department might also be a good idea.