Q: anti-theft

asked by on March 14, 2018

I have a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 base model and once and a blue moon the anti-theft light will come on and the truck will not start and the keys do not have chips.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Dennis. Thanks for contacting us today. In most cases, when an inconsistent security code issue like this pops up, it’s due to a fault with the anti-theft software in the ECU. Typically a GM dealership can scan the ECU and remove the fault codes. However, a problem like you’ve described can also be caused by an electrical short - which can be very tricky to find. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection, to see if they can isolate the source of this problem. A phone call to your local GM dealership service department might also be a good idea.