Q: Mass Air Flow Sensor Replacement - Do I need to have Fuel Injectors Cleaned too?

asked by on November 23, 2016

Got Check Engine Light for Mass Air Flow Sensor. Sensor covered under warranty, but Dealer says I need to have Fuel Injectors cleaned for $250 fee. Do Fuel Injectors really need to be cleaned?

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

When the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) is replaced it is not a requirement to clean the fuel injectors. The fuel injectors may be clogged for other reasons and maybe causing hesitations or lack of power and then they would need to be cleaned.