Q: Codes p0101, p0131, p0137, p0151 & p0327 I guess I'm asking would replacing the ECM solve the problem? 2002 Chevrolet Blazer

I have a 2002 chevy blazer that has had the service engine code on for about a year. The original code it pulled was the p0101 for the mass air flow sensor. we cleaned it and it went away. The check engine soon light would come on periodically but we just ignored it. Now its pulling all the different codes listed above. This car shows none of the signs of needing the ECM replaced but that is what has been recommended to me. I guess I'm asking if there is an easier place to start? It obviously is an older car and i hate putting large amounts of money into it if its unneeded. The only reason this is a concern is because we live in an area that has e check and we can't get the vehicle registered without passing e check.

Hello - the codes you list (besides the P0101 for the MAF) reference problems with the oxygen sensors and a knock sensor (P0327) for your engine. These are normal higher mileage maintenance items, and do NOT require replacing the ECU. I would recommend oxygen sensor replacement(s) as necessary, and a knock sensor replacement, by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and make these repairs.

• Codes p0101, p0131, p0137, p0151 & p0327 I guess I'm asking would replacing the ECM solve the problem? 2002 Chevrolet Blazer