Q: when i step on the gas pedal i hear a popping sound

asked by on April 05, 2017

My Truck ran excellent! Then the other day the engine sounded really loud & it wasn't driving fast anymore! Today I floored it & I would here a popping sound it sounded like it was coming from the bottom of the engine but I don't know.

The term popping sound most often comes up to describe the sound made by CV and Universal joints. Of course from where I sit I can’t interpret the sound your land rover is making, but CV and universal joints are frequently a problem. The CV joints are in the axles and the Universals are in the drive shafts. They are the joints that enable power to be transmitted through a rotating shaft even when it is not straight. When they fail they make a popping sound until they eventually break and you stop moving. You should stop driving the car until you can have this checked out because there may be more damage taking place while you drive. You can have this checked out at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Range Rover and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr