Q: My car will be starting perfect and when the gas tank gets lower it will start having problems .

I have an 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander, my car will work perfectly but when my gas tank starts to get low the car will start having problems starting. I would have to push the gas to get the car to start running and it will run perfectly. What could be wrong with my car. Also, my car will overheat very fast we put water in it a month before and next month the water will be low or gone cause the car to run hot.

A: Based on the information you gave, it sound...

Based on the information you gave, it sounds like a possible fuel starvation issue, caused by a partially blocked, in-tank fuel filter or a crack in the fuel pump housing. The remedy would be to replace the fuel pump assembly and filter. The overheating may be caused by several things, including a stuck thermostat, faulty water pump, or even a cracked head gasket. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the relevant systems to pinpoint the cause of your vehicle’s hard starting issue and overheating problem.