Hi Peter, I was just informed by the dealership that I ne...

Q: Hi Peter, I was just informed by the dealership that I need the following items taken care of on my 2007 Nissan Versa there total

asked by on April 24, 2017

I was told I need the following work performed on my vehicle, the dealerships bottom line was $2,176. I know I can get it done cheaper, would like some feedback. Front lower Control arm bushings are bad and need replacement, (align after repaired), Timimg cover leaking-needs to be resealed Upper dog bone mount broken needs replacing.
Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, Jacquelynne Velarde

To install two new lower control arms costs about $600. An alignment is typically around $90. The engine mount including installation is probably around $165 total for this repair.

The necessity of replacing the timing cover seal and/or seal on the harmonic balancer depends on how bad the oil leak at the cover is. Honestly, if the leak is not significant, that is if there is NOT oil dropping off the lower frame of the car onto the ground, you can potentially defer that repair for a while. Again, it just depends on how bad the leak is. To replace the seal on that cover could require up to 4 hours of labor and that’s around $360. You would have the gasket cost, plus the seal cost, too, but those parts are not costly. You might round this cost up to $400 total.

So, you have $400 for the timing cover repair, $165 for the motor mount repair, $690 to install control arms on both driver and passenger side, and $90 for the alignment. That all totals to $1,345. If you desire you can get a precise quote by clicking on the blue hyperlinks in the foregoing text that corresponds to each service. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.