Q: gears not moving into next gear smoothly while accelerating, check engine light on daily

My gears are not changing when they are suppose to when accelerating my car. Gear 1 and 2 get stuck. Then they go abruptly into place - not moving into the next gear. It smooths out after a few minutes. The check engine light is on everyday. Then it turns off. Should I take my car into the shop?

There are a few common causes of the transmission shifting like this. They include the transmission fluid level being low, transmission shift solenoid, or the transmission torque converter. Any of these can cause harsh shifting that can be intermittent. I recommend having this checked before it gets any worse. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your shifting issue and diagnose your Check Engine Light to determine what fixes will help in your situation.

3. gears not moving into next gear smoothly while accelerating, check engine light on daily