My car just cut off while driving and won't start again 2...

Q: My car just cut off while driving and won't start again

asked by on September 05, 2016

My car turns off while driving and will not start. it just crank afterwards. the fuel pump was replaced but the problem was not solved.there is no unusual fuel smell

Hello there, a few different faults can cause your 2005 Nissan to shut off while driving. A failing fuel pump is one of the faults that can cause this. Other likely problems would be the battery, alternator, battery cable, wiring harness fault, crank or camshaft position sensor.

The fuel pump may have been replaced because it was not turning on. This can also be caused by a wiring harness fault or the computer not telling the fuel pump to run. If you need further help, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose why your car shut off while driving and can perform any repairs required.