Q: Car temp gauge is saying overheating , idle engine

Last night I put v-power gas by mistake instead of the usual regular gas. However, today I turn my car on and it quickly indicated that my car was overheating .. The temp gauge went off and said car overhearting and idle engine .. Is there a reason for this ? Also when I turn car off completely, you can hear the sound like the car is still on , I think it's the radiator you hear .im not sure but you definitely can hear something . I may add, I touch the hood to see if hot and it was not , I even touch he engine and it wasn't hot at all .. Please help me understand what's going on and should this be a concern?

Hi there. I don’t think that the V-Power gas has anything to do with your overheating issue. You indicated that when you turn the car off, you hear a sound as if the car is still running. That is most likely caused by near boiling water / coolant inside your radiator.

It looks like to me, from what you’re documenting, that you are having an overheating situation which could be caused by a radiator leak, bad thermostat, air trapped in the coolant lines, or multiple issues. This is a big deal, and I recommend that you have the overheating issue inspected by a professional mechanic as soon as possible to avoid further engine damage.