Q: Honda civic 2009 car made noise after turning off with smoke and burning smell, now it wont turn on.

asked by on February 21, 2018

Hi, My car was running fine and when i parked and turned off, it started making noise like the engine was still running and it faded in few seconds. But then smoke started coming with a burning smell. Now when i try to start it wont turn. Not even cranking/clicking sound.

My oil was at 15% but I was driving only for a mile, before this happened. I changed my battery and started only few months before.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This is probably an electrical failure. The origins might be visible on inspection, if components are visibly melted or distorted, but will certainly be discoverable through standard electrical tests. To obtain a diagnostic and the required repairs, the recommended service is a no start diagnostic. That diagnostic, and all required repairs, can be performed right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.