Q: Can a power steering leak make a car jerk?

asked by on October 27, 2016

Do the car jerk as an effect?

If the fluid level is low, or there are other faults such as a loose power steering pump drive belt, you might experience that effect, that is jerking and/or lack of smoothness in the steering feedback that you feel when you turn the wheel. But, a leak would not cause an effect such as the car itself jerking forward or not smoothly accelerating.

Your best bet is to schedule a power steering leak inspection with a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, during which the mechanic will identify any and all faults that exist and provide you with a repair plan and estimate of the cost. This is a mobile service and so can be scheduled at your convenience.