Q: Sunroof stuck open

Sun shade seems to have gone too far in. Sunroof will move about a half inch only.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing you should do is check your owner’s manual for more information on how to close the sunroof in cases like this. To repair the issue, we need to look at the tracks, the cables, the motor, and the electrical connections. Observe the tracks and make sure they are not broken, bent, or damaged. Then check the motor and see if it is trying to move the cables the move the window. If the cables are loose, then you are looking at having to have them replaced or their connections reestablished. Contact our service department to have someone out to look at the vehicle. We can give you a quote and look at making the repair at your home or office.