Q: Car chokes after starting

When I startup my car, it chokes. I press the gas, and it won't get in gear. Also, the spark plugs have a little bit of oil in there.

A: There are two options for the engine for yo...

There are two options for the engine for your car. They are both 3.0 v6’s that are vastly different. If you are talking about oil in the spark plug tubes on the DOHC v6, that indicates a bad valve cover gasket. The oil will degrade the plug wire, and it will cause a misfire. If you are speaking of an oil soaked plug when it is removed, there is mechanical problem with the engine. Either way the engine will be running poorly. Check the fluid level in the transmission. Check if the fluid is a reddish color and does not smell burned. If the fluid is OK, the and car will not move in gear, additional diagnostics will be required. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and properly diagnose your car's stalling issue and determine the cause of the oil on your spark plugs.