Q: I have a 2013 cadillac xts. The ac stopped blowing cold air a couple years ago and all i had to do was turn it off for five minute

I have a 2013 cadillac xts. The ac stopped blowing cold air a couple years ago and all i had to do was turn it off for five minutes and it was bavk to cold air. That happened a few times but always came back to cold air. Not that trick doesnt work anymore and it just blows whatever the air temp is outside. Spunds like compressor and the likes all turn on and are functioning properly. No shops are equiped around my house to handle the 1234yf refridgerant. Read some had similar problems and refridgerant was 1/2 pound low. Some did a hard reset on the QUE system and theirs would work again. I did that and seems like its blowing cooler air but not cold like im use to. Some with similar problems just had to change some module in door maybe? Any help? Seems like same thing happened in my 2005 Escalade and all my buddy did was add the 134a freon and it lasted another 60k miles till i sold it. Both vehicles started this around 100k miles.

There are innumerable things that can go wrong with the A/C system and so the best thing to do is request an air conditioning system inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. The possibilities that might account for the problems you are experiencing range from a malfunctioning expansion valve, low state of charge, moisture in the system, refrigerant leaks, faulty cooling fans on the condenser and so forth. If there is a leak, it will have to be repaired because leak rates in newer systems are very, very small and they have to be because the installed refrigerant charge is much lower than in years past. The only way to pin it down is to get the system professionally inspected and diagnosed. Once diagnosed, the mechanic will be in a position to give you a repair strategy to get the A/C fully functioning and he or she will estimate the cost of the required repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2013 cadillac xts. The ac stopped blowing cold air a couple years ago and all i had to do was turn it off for five minute