Q: front passenger wheel locked up.

I've takin the tire off and the break caliper and its still locked. i put the tire back on and after a day of cranking on the tire i have about a half a tire play now back and forth. but still tough to turn within that play. I'm thinking its the axle? but i don't want to tear into it without fully knowing. what part would i need to replace.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1989 Chevrolet K1500. You say it may be the axle so I guessed you have a 4x4 vehicle. You will need to isolate the axle to see if the wheel bearing in the front hub is seized or something is binding in the differential. Most likely it is from the wheel hub bearing. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the relevant systems and pinpoint the problem.

3. front passenger wheel locked up.