Q: Engine coil keeps going bad

I've had the engine coil on my car replaced several times. Each one goes bad after some time. I recently started the car after it sat for a couple of days and the dashboard was showing the check engine light on. The car runs very rough as well. Why does this keep happening? What can I do to prevent it?

Hello there. This is more of an uncommon issue. A few different faults could cause the coil packs to fail. Most common would be not replacing all the coils at once, a wiring fault, or an ignition fault. Since you mentioned that the Check Engine Light is on, knowing which trouble codes are showing would be a great place to start for this situation. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the Check Engine Light and help assist you with the correct repairs to resolve this issue.

3. Engine coil keeps going bad