Q: Engine coil keeps going bad

I've had the engine coil on my car replaced several times. Each one goes bad after some time. I recently started the car after it sat for a couple of days and the dashboard was showing the check engine light on. The car runs very rough as well. Why does this keep happening? What can I do to prevent it?

A: Hello there. This is more of an uncommon is...

Hello there. This is more of an uncommon issue. A few different faults could cause the coil packs to fail. Most common would be not replacing all the coils at once, a wiring fault, or an ignition fault. Since you mentioned that the Check Engine Light is on, knowing which trouble codes are showing would be a great place to start for this situation. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the Check Engine Light and help assist you with the correct repairs to resolve this issue.