Q: Is it safe to drive your vehicle if the advancetrac light comes on?

asked by on November 24, 2016

We have a 2013 ford edge, our advancetrac warning light came on while driving. Traveling today and concerned if we drive the vehicle will make the problem worse. And the yellow wrench light came on as well.

It is safe to drive the vehicle in this situation but only under certain circumstances. If the wheel bearings have failed, it would be wise to avoid driving the vehicle if possible as this can produce excessive heat and cause other parts to fail as well. If the issue is related to a wheel speed sensor or and ABS issue, it is ok to drive the vehicle and the warning light should have no affect on your driving. The AdvanceTrac system is only an extra feature to help the vehicle maintain traction and is not required for normal driving. Many vehicles are not available with traction control systems and are still safe to drive. If you would like to have your traction control system inspected consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose your issue.