Q: When i am at a stop light or stop sign. Randomly my car will lose power and go dead.

asked by on November 05, 2017

When i am at a stop light or stop sign. Randomly my car will lose power and go dead. But when im in drive or in parked it runs Like a champ. Help me. My battery brand new. Alternater is good and my starter is in great condition

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Poor idle can often be caused by vacuum leaks. Any air that gets into the engine without going through the proper channels will lean out the system and cause problems like you are having. Look under the hood for any hoses or rubber parts that are broken or in bad condition. If you can’t find anything like that, then contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your idling problem and let you know what is the fix.