Q: How to get to the windshield washer reservoir.

asked by on August 04, 2016

I don't know how to get to the windshield washer reservoir in the pathfinder. I want to replace it because it leaks. I'm not sure where it is.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement $107.85 - $430.02 Get a Quote

Your washer fluid reservoir is located in the right (passenger) side of the vehicle. To access the tank for removal/replacement, you must remove the right fender liner which is the black plastic that surrounds the interior of the wheel well. There may be several screws holding it in place. Once removed, the washer fluid reservoir should be visible.

Remove the front and rear washer hoses and drain any washer fluid remaining in the tank. Also remove the pump/motor and fluid level sensor connectors. The filler neck and tank are two separate pieces. Remove the clip that holds them together and the screws holding the tank in place. Now the tank section can be removed.

Install the new tank section and be sure to secure all the components you loosened/removed, As a precaution, fill the new reservoir to check for leaks and turn the key on to operate the windshield washer before reinstalling the fender liner.

If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help you with the replacement of your windshield washer reservoir.