Q: Fixed Timing Chain Guide Bolt Threads Stripped

the top fixed guide bolt has fallen out and enlarged the treads. how can i fix that?

A: If the bolt threads are stripped and the ho...

If the bolt threads are stripped and the hole is enlarged for the timing chain guide bolts then you will need to install a thread repair insert. You will have to follow the thread repair kits instructions by drilling out the hole to a larger size with size drill bit recommended by kit and then thread the new hole. Once the hole is threaded you will then insert the correct size thread repair sleeve using red high temperature locktite to hold the sleeve in place. The new threads can then be used to secure the guide in place. If you need help with the repairs then contact a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and help with the timing chain repairs.