Q: Maintenance on a 200k mile Forester

I was just wondering, if I just reached 200,000 miles on my Forester, what service maintenance should be done it?

Hey there. The first step to take is to consider all of the repairs that have been made recently. If you have already performed anything I am about to discuss, then you can ignore that for the time being. You will want to do a full inspection on the car so that this can be repaired.

Start by changing out your spark plugs and the wires. At this point the wires have carried a current for a long time and are likely aging.

You will also want to pay attention to the fuel module and filer if those have not been changed lately. A transmission tune up, filter, and fluid change should be done. The cooling system can be flushed and cleaned. There are a wide variety of vehicle maintenance chemicals you can add to the transmission, oil, and gas.

You may want to add one of these as well. These will help clean and burn off build up inside the engine. Then last but not least, is the suspension components. These include idler arms, control arms, pitman arms, shocks, struts, and joints. You may not need anything replaced now, but you will want to have an idea of what is aging. If you decide to move forward with any maintenance services on your car, you can schedule an appointment with us to have your car serviced at your home or office.

3. Maintenance on a 200k mile Forester