Q: Installing a backup camera

asked by on October 17, 2016

I just leased this car. I am planning to get backup camera installed. I found couple of aftermarket options available. However I want to be careful with installation and make sure I don't void the warrantee from AUDI. any advise things I Should watch out for doing so ? I am going to look for professional (local car audio specialist). can you recommend anyone good in Los angeles county? I live in Pasadena, CA.

Hello. If you do not want the warranty voided or extra charges after the lease is up then make sure you only get a surface mount system and do not let any holes be drilled in the car for the wiring or camera. I do not live in the area where you are, so cannot recommend a shop to have one installed. In our area we use Best Buys. Other shops in your area that specialize in customization may also be a good option for this.