Q: Hard transmission shifting, second time replaced

asked by on November 01, 2016

Started to shift roughly and feeling like a hard pull after 45 miles, went to a mechanic they said its the transmission going out,but kinda weird its the second time does this, I'm guessing its something wrong with any sensor.

Hey there. This may be related to a bad or failing transmission control solenoid or potentially the control module itself. As you know, the transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform its function.

Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your car. The transmission control solenoid helps to activate shifting when required. When a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear.

When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission shifting problem so that this can be repaired properly.