Q: Q: Car won't accelerate

I am able to change gears in my car but if i put the car in first gear the car won't accelerate. It feels like the car is stuck in neutral. I experienced some problems the day before, I would be in 4th gear and I wasn't able to accelerate and it felt like something was stuck because I was able to rev the engine but the car wasn't going anywhere. I don't know what caused it and now I can't drive my car.

Not moving when in gear with a manual transmission is usually an indication of a clutch issue. Other mechanical issues within the transmission are possible as well. If the clutch disc is badly worn, this can make it not only difficult to shift gears but the vehicle may not move even if you can shift it into any gear. Does the shifter move easily between gears when the engine is off ? If it does, then most likely it is a worn clutch issue. I realize the vehicle is a 2015 so it is relatively new, but clutch wear is like brake pad wear. There is no set time of mileage that they will last. It has more to do with the driving conditions and habits. I have seen clutch wear within hundreds of miles due to the driver, and I’ve seen clutches go hundreds of thousands of miles.

have a certified technician look into why the vehicle will not move to find the exact cause.

3. Q: Car won't accelerate