Q: Engine sometimes cranks, sometimes doesn't. Battery is fine.

asked by on October 02, 2016

Once after I jiggled the shifter from side to side with car in park it started. I don't know if this was concidental. I suspect battery cables are corroded or that there's a loose wire in the starter circuit. I am not very car savvy as far as cleaning battery terminals, checking voltages, etc. I will see my mechanic tomorrow.

Hello. There are a variety of reasons for why the car may not start. This may very well be a loose wire or bad grounding to the battery or potentially even a bad starter relay (this is usually noticed by the car making a clicking sound when you turn the key). I would recommend checking to be sure the battery cables are clean and the connections are good to start with. If this does not solve your issue, have this checked by the professional in order to diagnose the starting problem and assist with repair.