Q: I have a 2006 nissan altima 2.5s......when im driving my temp will go all the way up to high but drop down to the normal area when

In my 2006 nissan altima 2.5s....the temp will go all the way to hot while im driving but drop down to normal when I am stopped

Typically, a coolant flow issue can cause the temperature to climb while driving. A clogged cooling system or a partially opened thermostat can cause this. A cracked head gasket is a possibility but with the age and mileage of the vehicle, I’d say if the cooling system has not been serviced in some time, flushing the cooling system and replacing the thermostat would be the best place to start.

If that doesn’t help, have a certified technician look into the running hot condition to isolate the cause.

Hi there. Does the engine boil over with steam and coolant coming out from under the hood? It sounds like it could be an electrical problem with the coolant sensor/gauge circuit or a possible mechanical problem. Is the coolant full? Is it water or a mix? Does the fan operate? There are many things that need to be inspected/verified. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car overheats quickly inspection.

• I have a 2006 nissan altima 2.5s......when im driving my temp will go all the way up to high but drop down to the normal area when