There is a shudder on take off and vibration while accele...

Q: There is a shudder on take off and vibration while accelerating - 2013 Ford Focus

asked by on October 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to read my question for I'm sure you all are very busy. I have a ford focus sedan. Not hatchback. When driving in the morning after I start the car its minimal vibration/problems. As I progress through the day it increases... So here it is. When I accelerate from a stopped position such as a stop sign or red light. The car jerks and shudders and vibrates. While driving, if I accelerate to increase speed on highway or anyway else the car vibrates noisily. It doesn't vibrate when I let off the gas and let it coast and It doesn't vibrate much if I set on cruise control. But it Only vibrates greatly/ shakes while I push the gas.

Hello there. Many possible faults can cause your 2013 Ford Focus to vibrate upon acceleration. From your description, it sounds like you are describing an engine misfire. Misfires can be caused by many issues, but the most common are spark plugs, coil, fuel pump, fuel injectors, MAF sensor, vacuum leaks, or a wiring harness fault.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your misfiring condition and make any repairs to get your vehicle running normally again.