Q: Car shakes when stopped

My car shakes when it's stopped in any gear except reverse, or when it's idling. It makes a tinking sound. It shudders like it might die, but never does.

There is a problem common for other vehicles of your year and model where a failing engine mount can cause the vehicle to seem to vibrate or shake and leave an audible sound in the cabin as well. Another option would be an ignition system that needs a tune-up, but the noise is not generally heard for that type of concern. If you want to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shaking and vibrating issue and let you know what needs to be repaired.