Q: I have a Toyota Venza. Are my Brake lines connected to my rotors?

asked by on March 07, 2017

I wanted to find out if my brake lines are connected to my rotors. I recently had my brakes done and rotors turned and now my car makes a strange "bottle Rocket" sound when i'm coming to stop and hit the brakes. I'm thinking there could be air in my brake lines that got in during the replacement of my brakes and rotors.

The brake lines are connected to the brake calipers not the rotors. If you are hearing a noise from the rotor area when the brakes are applied, then there could be an issue with the rotors being too thin or the pads are not seated properly on the rotors. The pads need to be burnished to operate against the rotors with the right amount of friction. To burnish the pads, either remove the pads and grind then down a little on a bench or hand grinder or drive your vehicle on a non-service road and apply the brakes on normal stops every 30 seconds to include to 20 stops. This will grind down the material and heat up the rotors. Then drive the vehicle normal and the rotors should be burnished properly and the noise should be gone. If the noise is still there, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your brake system.