Q: Hey I have a chrysler300 2009 touring I have a p0301 and wen my car runs for a while it won't crank back up till it cools down

asked by on August 04, 2017

My car has a cooling leak wen I put the fluid in my check engine light cuts off until all the fluids come out but my problem is wen I crank my car it drive me places but after a while it starts to shake and then wen I turn it off and turn it back on it won't crank back up until the engine cools down will a p0301 affect that or it's something else that's need to b worked on

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle’s cooling leak may be causing the misfire. The leak needs to be repaired first, and then we can take any other issues from there. The starting problem may also be the vehicle’s safety features preventing the car from starting until it cools down. It may also be a fluid level sensor that tells the vehicle when you are out of coolant. Overheating is the #1 way you can ruin your engine, and the vehicle wants to keep you from doing so. Solve the coolant leak and overheating issue first, and the other issues will likely go away. If they do not, you can look into cylinder 1 further, since it is the one registering as misfiring. For more help with either issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr