Q: Are red headlights illegal?

Red is absolutely my favorite color. My vehicle is red. I wanted red headlights, I wanted to paint my rims red & I wanted red tint except my front windshield of course. My mechanic refused to do the headlights & he discouraged me to do the tint stating it's illegal & I will receive a citation if I did that to my vehicle. I have seen vehicles with various colors which included red headlights & tints. I believe he's taking my best interest into account but I want this. He said he can do whatever I want. He just doesn't want me to get into trouble. Not that I don't believe him because I haven't done either, I want a 2nd opinion. Is that true. Please advise. Thanks馃槓!

A: Hi there, Yes, this is true. It is indeed i...

Hi there, Yes, this is true. It is indeed illegal to have anything but white or blue headlights. Red is meant to indicate the back of a car. Yellow is for marker lights, including turn signal lights. It is conceivable to find yourself in a situation where someone could believe they are seeing the back of your car leading them to assume you are heading in the opposite direction you are actually traveling. I honestly don鈥檛 think you will find a mechanic that will do this for you.

If you do get it done, be ready for some tickets and possibly for your car to be towed.

Good luck!

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籉air and transparent pricing