Q: Engine overheating chime will not turn off even when the engine has been off overnight. whats the fix?

The car was on idle the engine hot turn ac off code came on than the chime was on now the warning chime has been on for hours and the code has been off the engine has been shut off all night how do i fix the annoying chime

Hi there. Check the coolant temperature sensor and see if the sensor has a harness plugged in on it. Look at the harness and make sure that the harness is not melted. Check for a voltage reference on the harness wire to the coolant temperature sensor. If there is no reference voltage, then check the fuse box and make sure that the fuse to the cooling system is not burned. If the sensor is not working, then replace the cooling temperature sensor and the system should work fine with out the charm. If the sensor is working fine and the charm comes on with the air conditioning off, then turn on the air conditioning and see if the charm goes out. if the charm goes out, then the air conditioning switch needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your overheating charm not shutting off, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Engine overheating chime will not turn off even when the engine has been off overnight. whats the fix?