Fuel pump breaker trips. fuel pumps electrical wiring for...

Q: Fuel pump breaker trips.

When I'm driving and down shift from 2nd to 1st the breaker for the fuel pump trips and it cuts fuel to the engine thus shutting the car off. I can't seem to figure out why it does this. Any advice would be great thanks

Hi there. Check the electrical wiring from the fuel pump breaker to the fuel pump and see if there is any loose wires. When the vehicle shifts from 2nd to 1st there could be a fast draw down in speed causing the wires to move. The power wire to the fuel pump could have a bare wire exposed and may be touching the frame. If you need further assistance with your fuel pump not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.