Q: Transmission takes awhile to go into overdrive

Transmission takes awhile to go into overdrive

3. Transmission takes awhile to go into overdrive

Q: Jerking and jumping

Hi, thanks for your question. This is a common symptom of a bad or failing mass air flow sensor. This is a component that regulates the amount of air that flows into the intake system of your car as it...

Q: I've changed valve seals and all gaskets I'm getting gray smoke from tailpipe in 2000 Silverado

Gray smoke suggests burning oil but you can use a scan tool to look at fuel trims and see if perhaps rich operation is contributing to the problem as well. With regard to replacing the seals, if the valve guides...

Q: Something is draining battery. When I turn air conditioner on, the battery level drops. So could this be the culprit.

It sounds like you may have a bad alternator or voltage regulator that is not properly allowing the battery to charge or maintaining the charge. Turning on the AC puts an additional load on the entire system resulting in the...