Q: Transmission takes awhile to go into overdrive

Transmission takes awhile to go into overdrive

Q: Chirping in motor. Not a pulley or belt. Took the belt off and still squeals.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It is likely that an engine overhaul or replacement would be necessary if the engine is making the same noise that a bad serpentine belt would make. This could be piston rings scratching against the...

Q: Code p0101

The P0101 trouble code may keep returning if the engine computer does not see the MAF sensor input within a specified range when it is testing the MAF input. The input can be wrong if the engine has another problem...

Q: I need a alternator my Vin is 1GCGK23U44F245647 could you tell me if I need a 105 or 145 amp

Assuming the alternator is original, and thus has never been replaced or substituted with a part that is non-original, you can quickly tell which one you have by reading the tag on the alternator. You will see a tag that...