Q: Key stuck in ignition car is dead

asked by on December 27, 2017

Upon starting the car security engaged the key Is stuck and the car is now dead no lights

This is a known issue with the Pontiac G5 and can be caused by a couple of different possibilities. One possibility is related to the transmission shift lock assembly or position indicator sensor which is what prevents the key from moving when the vehicle is in any gear other than park. If this fails or malfunctions, sometimes this results in the key getting stuck in a certain position in the ignition. The other possibility may be a faulty ignition switch, in which case, the same can also happen resulting in the key getting stuck in a particular position in the ignition switch circuit. I would suggest having a professional from YourMehcnaic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to properly diagnose and repair.